Child support Services
The Child Support Services program establishes and collects child support. Medical support is part of all child support orders.
We offer the following services:
- Establishing child support orders
- Setting medical support orders and monitoring them for insurance coverage
- Locating parents to collect support
- Establishing paternity
- Changing support orders
- Collecting child support and enforcing support orders
- Collecting health insurance premiums and medical judgments obtained by parents
- Collecting spousal support when combined with child support
- Processing, recording, and distributing child support payments
Who Can Receive Child Support Services
Child support services are available to parents and caregivers who complete a child support application. This includes giving us any supporting information or documentation.
If you receive cash assistance or Medicaid, you will automatically be referred to ORS for child support services. You will still need to complete an Application for Services to provide ORS with necessary information for your case.
What ORS Does Not Do
ORS does not provide legal representation to either parent. We also cannot give parents or caretakers legal advice.
Custody and visitation are not decided or enforced by ORS.
The Utah Department of Workforce Services provides public assistance benefits, not ORS.
ORS cannot override judicial orders.