Recovery Services Logo

Office of Recovery Services

Receiving Payment by Check

Beginning May 5, 2008, the Office of Recovery Services (ORS) will not send child support payments using paper checks.

Utah Code Annotated 62A-11-704 requires ORS to send child support payments through electronic funds transfer.

Payments may be sent using paper checks on a temporary basis only while an account is established to receive electronic payments.

If an applicant does not sign up for one of the methods of electronic funds transfer, ORS will select a method for him/her.

For more information about receiving payments by electronic funds transfer, click here.