How to Apply for Child Support Services
The Application for Services may be submitted online or by paper form. ORS recommends the Online Application when possible.
- Online applications are received by ORS as soon as they are submitted.
- You will receive an Application Number to place with any additional documents you must send.
- The Application Number can be used to confirm that the application was completed and the date the application was received by ORS.
Once you have completed the application, you must send in:
- COPIES of your support order(s) and any modifications.
- COPIES of each child’s birth certificate if the child was not born in Utah. (If your child(ren) was born in Utah, ORS will obtain a copy of the birth certificate.)
- COPIES of paternity establishment documents. (If paternity was established by a Utah Voluntary Declaration of Paternity, ORS will obtain a copy of that document.)
- A COPY of the death certificate or obituary if either parent is deceased.
DO NOT SUBMIT ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO ORS. KEEP ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WITH YOUR PERSONAL RECORDS. ORS CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING OR RETURNING ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.
The application has also been made available to print using Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to complete the online application, you may print, complete, sign and mail the printable application to ORS. Please do not use Acrobat PDF Writer to fill out the printable version of the form. You must include all of the documentation listed above when mailing the printable version of the application.