Effective September 6, 2011, all ORS offices will open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday except for State and Federal holidays.
Effective June 20, 2011, the ORS St. George Office is located at 33 North 100 West, Suite 100, St. George, Utah
ORS currently has five child support office locations.
Do NOT send correspondence or payments to these addresses.
Ogden 2540 Washington Blvd. Salt Lake City 515 East 100 South Provo 150 East Center Street
Richfield 635 North Main Ste 687 St. George 33 North 100 West, Suite 100 Effective June 20, 2011
Utah Public Assistance Fraud Hotline
To reach the fraud hotline where callers can leave anonymous information regarding possible incidents of fraud, 7 days a week, 24 hours per day, call (800) 955-2210.
Note: On July 1, 2003, the Department of Workforce Services became responsible for investigation public assistance fraud, collection of public assistance overpayments and operating the fraud hotline. You may contact the DWS fraud unit for the collection of public assistance overpayments at (801) 526-9810.
Message from the IRS:
The Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) provides moderate and low income working families and individuals with tax relief. The EITC can provide a cash refund even to families whose incomes are low enough that they do not owe any federal taxes.>
You may be able to take the credit if you earned:Tax Year 2012 Earned Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
- $45,060 ($50,270 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $41,952 ($47,162 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $36,920 ($42,130 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $13,980 ($19,190 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
- $5,891 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,236 with two qualifying children
- $3,169 with one qualifying child
- $475 with no qualifying children
Investment income must be $3,200 or less for the year.
For information about how you can get the EITC and free help filing your taxes, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, VITA Appointment Info at 2-1-1, or visit the IRS website at www.irs.gov.